Mar 7, 2003

What is going on here? I’m obviously trapped in some lame episode of Twilight Zone that amounted to a brain fart in Serling’s head and was never shot. There’s no way I posted yesterday (actually, by the time I finished this post, it wasn't yesterday, but still...), and this week is taking forever. I think time slows down as I approach next Thursday. Anticipation is sweet, but after a while it’s hard to remember that, I'm ready to get out of here.

Also odd is the discovery of this Mark Lusby character, hi there. I grew up thinking nobody existed with a Lusby name that wasn’t related, but I’ve found out otherwise. If you check the www.lusby.org site, you’ll find Ed and Dee Lusby under the people section. That’s my dad’s brother. He went to the same school I did and dropped out after one semester. Not sure how you feel about your relatives, but I went to a family reunion and was severely scared. Probably scarred too. Part of the motivation for starting this blog was the fact that those two had a better presence on the web than I did. I'm doing my best to resolve that.

I’m a little upset tonight at these stupid laws justifying somebody’s messed up sense of morality. It’s midnight, I’m starting work on a programming assignment, and I wanted something to drink. I specifically wanted one of those new Smirnoff Triple Blacks, which are very good by the way. So good that there was only one 32 ounce bottle left (I know, trashy image, but I’m programming by myself, and I don’t have a problem with drinking what appears to be a 40, I was also going to drink while on the phone with an intoxicated friend, so it wasn’t quite drinking alone either, not that drinking alone is a problem in my mind or life.) and it was hidden behind like ten of the normal ices. By the time I got my bottle up to the register, I found that only those stupid self serve ones were open, and in the few precious seconds it took for me to figure out where the upc was to scan it, it was after midnight. Their clocks were also 4 minutes faster than mine.

The point is, who cares if I buy after midnight? I have enough alcohol in my trunk to kill a man, and it’s legal for me to drink after midnight, but I didn’t want hard alcohol. So what was the point of this stupid law? It indirectly kept me from drinking, but I still am able to, just not what I wanted. The point is not that I am really that upset about not drinking, the point is that it’s a stupid law, and stupid laws breed contempt for all law. Kinda like how the state trooper who enjoys giving tickets to people passing semis while doing 5 over the speed limit leave a bad taste in my mouth every time I see blue and red lights. I'm tired of arbitrary government bullshit. Every time I think about lawmakers and law enforcement in general, I get this image of my dog. She can't keep her nose out of other people's asses either.

I saw something today that also chipped away at my faith in the intelligence of the human race. There was this poster at UT Arlington with a bunch of students all staring at the camera looking righteous, and it said, “57% of UTA students drink 0, 1, or at the most 2 drinks at the parties they attend.” It even had this queer graphic that said, “Just the Facts.” Okay, what the Hell is that even supposed to do? So 43% of the students get tanked? Were they trying to get me not to drink excessively just because barely more than half of the other students don’t? For all I know, 57% of the other students at UTA are total nerds. I myself only drink about 2 drinks at any given time, and I don’t count them usually, but after seeing this poster, I felt the need to drain a fifth of whiskey. Why are so many of my reactions to life so childish?

Wow, that’s a lot of ranting. C4 comes up tomorrow, and I’ll move from ranting to raving. I’m going to try to avoid the alluring glow sticks on a recommendation from a friend, having been told they’re not quite as cool as they may appear. Speaking of Danielle, check out her blog if you don’t regularly (which you should). All I have to say is, I’m all about world peace. Do something for a good cause today, or maybe tonight. Just remember, it's about world peace folks, everybody wins. Also, if you don’t read Sabrina’s blog, and make sure to do so and read back a few to her post about CBB and licking his nose. Great writing.

I’m going to sleep, when I should be programming. I read, I write, and I’ll more than likely not see good report card results, but let me tell you something. I’m happy. I’m also counting the hours now, 160 left. I’m really looking forward to seeing you all, and stuff. If you have a moment, comment and leave me either a current food fetish or tongue related fantasy. If you don’t have either, do yourself a favor and develop one. My current food fetish is back to Louisiana Hot Sauce, and one of my tongue related fantasies involves licking her feet, especially her toes. Goodnight.

No comments: