Mar 4, 2003



“Love of truth does not appear to be man’s primary motive, and, therefore, it is a long way to the truth from what one sees through the filter of the passions.”
-Love and Friendship, Allan Bloom

So what’s more important anyhow? I’m awfully impressed when you say you’ve read Kafka, Kant, and Kierkegaard, philosophy turns me on like a light switch. On the other hand, is intellect and logic the only thing in life? If you know the right syllogisms and fallacies, do you understand how to live and love? I’m starting to realize there’s a lot more to this life than logic. I’m starting to think there’s a lot less in the next life of debate.

I think sleep deprivation has fried a few too many brain cells, I notice myself staring blankly at the wall more often then I used to. I suppose thoughts of girls might also be a contributing factor, studies are inconclusive, but 50% of every waking hour (pretty much 100% of the non-waking hours) can take its toll on a brain. Especially one split by that prenatal surge of testosterone.

Samoas, good heavens why do you tempt me so? There’s nothing keeping me from eating the whole box, and that’s exactly what I plan on doing.

Also, to indulge the technical side of my brain, thank God for easy installation Linux. Geeks of the world, hate me if you will, but I like plopping a Debian CD into my desktop and posting to my blog, enjoying a good book while the installation proceeds with such ease I’d let my father install it. If you want to spend your time trying to configure the network card, be my guest, I’ll probably have to do it someday, but not tonight.

No comments: