Mar 5, 2003

This is just far too much for me. I’ve fallen in love again, and I think this time it’s serious. I’m totally infatuated, and for this moment, I can think of nothing besides the object of my desire, that which I want so desperately to consume entirely. It’s powerful, it’s Vermont Sharp White cheese, and it goes oh so well with a glass of chardonnay.

I know what you’re thinking, I’m a food whore. One minute I pledge my undying allegiance and affection for Louisiana Hot Sauce, the next for Samoas, and now this cheese, if such a base term can be used for something so heavenly. I don’t really understand the situation very well. I love certain foods to death, but I don’t eat much at all, which would make me expect that I’d just eat anything when I do get around to eating. It’s not that I just fall in love with whatever I’m eating, I swear, although . . . There’s a banana nut muffin on my desk, mmmmm, Banana Nut, now that’s a good muffin.

Speaking of obsessions, Eminem has begun growing on me, are there any known remedies? Feel free to offer advice, in the meantime I’ll go download yet another of his songs.

My fear is that in all these things, I throw myself in all too quickly. I rarely have the reservation to simply hold back and wait, at least emotionally. I’m growing much more expressive, but I’ve always exhibited obsessive characteristics, growing fanatical in my likes and dislikes, beliefs and doubts. It has cost in the past, but instead of accepting change, I’ve merely vowed to do the same, believing it to be a more passionate and intense life, and thus somehow more noble or more desirable.

I think in this regard I try to mix analytical thought, the logic so dear to me, with affairs of heart, or gut, if you understand that to be the feelings you have such as honor, love, family, and other such things that need no explanation. That’s just it though, I like to have everything categorized, set in bins and labeled. I’d like a quick reference index to the things in my heart, suck the life out of them just to have them laid out and understood.

So where’s a sense of balance? You all seem to have come to some sort of conclusion one way or the other, please give me a few pointers. Also, for future reference, don’t hesitate to reprimand me, tell me when I’ve overstated my case, or if I’ve just become annoying. I won’t be offended.

No comments: