Mar 12, 2003

Was I an idealist last week, or was that supposed to start today? I can’t remember if it’s my week for over-analyzing everything and planning all my life’s details or simply sitting back and enjoying without thinking. Rob (High Fidelity) rearranged his record collection in order of purchase to make his life seem more complicated. I spend hours analyzing my past and future and comparing it with what other people have done, and what they plan on doing, and what they’ll think of my choices. I guess it was a stupid question, I always overanalyze. At least some answers will come on Thursday.

I’m drinking straight from the carton of Welch’s Passion Fruit I bought tonight after I missed the stupid midnight cutoff again for alcohol. The kids in front of me looked like they were in high school, but they got their beer in time. It’s all good, I finished my programming assignment tonight and got to talk with Brian Lee. He’s actually taking some steps to setting up those coffee shops we always talked about. Maybe I should just move out to Colorado and work the night shift, I could ski, and we could get back to our debates, perhaps where we left off.

I really haven’t thought a whole lot through in the past few days, maybe weeks, and I wonder if I’ve done wrongly. There are times that despite my best intentions to be organized and plan ahead, I find myself completely surprised by life. I’m really tired of trying to figure out things that seem meant not to be understood. I’ve found happiness, and while I’m always willing to talk abstractly about the futility of my own actions, even while in the midst of them, I’m really quite content just to be content. It’s nice, and it’s been a while since I’ve felt this way. Sorry, I'm tired, and I’ve noticed I tend to be more vague and distracted when I’m interested in a girl.

No comments: