Apr 4, 2003

“I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams.
She says it’s lack of sex that’s bringing me down.” - Basketcase, Greenday

Today marks my 10 year anniversary of not posting, suppose it’s time to return, for the sake of my own sanity.

Things change so fast. Buddy is now over three feet long now, when did he grow so much? My semester is nearly over, time to register for another. I keep forgetting I’m even in this one.

Where to now? I feel like more decisions should be made, like I should go look at houses and jobs in other cities. The truth is that my place right now is treading water, and there’s no getting around it. I have yet three classes (Lord willing I pass the ones I’m in now), and they’re just general education requirements, nothing difficult or helpful in my career. I’m jumping through hoops for my license to work. I’m living off loans, betting against my own future.

The truth is I’m ready for responsibility, I’m ready to start my life. The truth is, tonight on the way home from class I bought a six pack and I’m going to stay up talking on the phone with my friends and I’ll be driving down to Longview with the intent to party. So am I lying when I say that first part? I don’t know.

No comments: