Apr 10, 2003

So I guess blogs still exist. I started reading some of your posts today, all of you. You write so well, I miss hearing your thoughts, I’ve just been so distracted. I’m not promising to get back to writing or reading, though I’d like to. I’m not promising I know anything. I just know what I need to do, and that’s the greatest thing in the world after so much uncertainty.

So life isn’t what I thought, once again. Things are never as they appear, and I’m certain one moment, lost the next. That’s fine, I said I’d do the right thing when it was revealed, it’s time to do what has to be done. Life isn’t supposed to be all fun. It’s time to grow up.

I spent some time talking with my mother the other night, which is not uncommon, though it’s been a while. She brought up, with my encouragement, some aspects of my personality I need to work on. I don’t know how you guys feel about that sort of thing, but I used to hate it. I used to just deny that anyone really knew me, and figure they ought to just accept me the way I am. Well that’s not wrong, it’s just not all. Turns out LeTourneau hit the mark in their first evaluation of me in one respect. I have issues with authority. I’m working on it.

It came to mind when Dan talked about the girl that won’t return his phone calls. I never knew her the way he did, but she was a really fun girl to hang out with, and she won’t return mine either. I think I’m getting to the point where I truly am ready for criticism, I won’t bite your head off. If I’ve wronged you, tell me. If I’m acting the fool, take me aside, I may not see what you do, and I’d really appreciate your insight.

I feel like I’ve been given a second chance, if I truly repent of my evil studying ways, I can still graduate in December. This is just shy of miraculous, in that the sun didn’t have to retreat or anything, but I count it as a great deal of grace. So what now, I’m going to have to cut time short with friends for the next few weeks. That goes against everything I believe in. Relationships are so much more important than studies, but at some point I have to finish this thing. I’ve been at it far to long to let it slip. Among many other areas in my life, it’s time to take the last few steps and move on.

So yeah, this post may not have been pleasant to read, but it sure helped me to write it. Keep up your good work, I like what I’ve read.

No comments: