Apr 16, 2003

Funny day, focus returns. My life begins to reshape itself into what I always knew it was, but got sidetracked. A dose of reality brings about clarity of thought and mind, reminds me who I am.

Amongst other things, a good friend of mine is having his life turned upside down in the worst way possible, so he had to leave school to deal with it. I’ve been told a couple of my other close friends may be leaving too, eloping, but such rumors are many where I come from. The crazy stuff that used to just be in the back of your mind, stuff out of books or tabloids or Springer-esque shows, yeah, my friends are living it, or so it seems.

I came to school thinking I was naïve and had no clue about the real world. The funny thing is, I thought it was in regard to alcohol, sex, drugs, things that my parents cringe at when I mention them. It’s just not so. I know most of what these things are all about, I know friends who are deep into it (not a pun with sex, though I like it.) What I’m naïve about is love, hate, prejudice, and depression. I don’t understand any of those things, and I’m not trying too hard to learn. Let me have my fantasy world where people all get along.

I’m not talking about some fantasy world that I sit and close my eyes to live in, I’m talking about everyday, you and me. With the people I meet, I’m going to pretend these things don’t exist. I want to accept you as you are, let you know you’re valuable. I might not even have met you, but I know you’re precious in so many ways. If you feel devalued, I’ve tasted some of that too, but it’s not the mountain it seems. Let’s talk.

In my fantasy, all my friends get along with each other. Nobody intentionally hurts anyone else, and forgiveness is just an apology away. I’m living in a dream world, don’t feel like you have to point that out. The world is full of hurt and sin, I know it. I just choose not to acknowledge it. Germs exist too, but I’ll eat off your floor. Life can be something wonderful, we’re not the victims we think we are.

So I’m going to Starbucks now, because it’s one of my happy places. So many memories, it’s almost paralyzing, but it’s so wonderful. Please give me a call, I’m in the mood to talk. My IM is CovertDni, you’ll find my cell number there, I’m not about to make that a permanent addition to my blog. You can dump on me if life sucks, or just say life is beautiful and hang up. If I don’t talk with you soon, try being happy tonight, regardless of the shit that you might be going through.

No comments: