Apr 15, 2003

I remember when I used to write happy blogs. That was cool, and now that I’m actually happy again, with a need to express myself, I’m going to write a blog entry when I should be writing several lab reports. I’m still writing those things, don’t get me wrong, but first things first.

Funny things about today:
1. The people I work with at the newspaper saw my tattoo
2. My mother saw my tattoo
3. Nobody I know hates me

Things that made me happy:
1. My mother didn’t flip out
2. A best friend called me just to see if I was okay
3. I still have chenille pillows
4. My friends are all awesome

The people at my job are a trip. Things said behind other people’s back are funny to hear, and nobody cares about me, I’m just the new kid. People complain about the boss being cheap, which he probably knows about. People talk of each others eccentricities with disapproval. The VP and the random white British lady are always giving each other a hard time, and it’s funny.

One of the older black ladies who handles the churches that the newspaper tries to get to advertise with them saw my tattoo today, kinda gave me the elderly look of disapproval, but then proceeded to tell me that she bought her children a star, you know, where $50 names a star that nobody cares about. It seemed like it was the only thing she could think of that would make sure I still thought she was cool, not judgmental. For those of you who don’t know, my tattoo is the constellation Orion, tattooed by Freak, about a week ago on the inside of my right ankle, and yeah, I’m happy with it.

My mom and I sat at the table tonight again, talking of life, love, school, and the future. I was shirtless and letting Buddy crawl all over my arm and neck, so it was a really funny picture. Anyway, I cross my leg and she sees it. “Ohhh Mark, did you do that to yourself recently? You didn’t do it permanent, yeah, you did, oh man.” Very disappointed, but after I explained myself she was like, “You at least have your heart in the right place on the most important things. The mistakes I believe you’ve made are in things that aren’t so important.” That felt really good to hear, from someone who disapproves of what I do sometimes.

Seriously, you are all awesome, even those of you who will never read this. I probably don’t tell you enough what you mean to me, but without ya’ll, I wouldn’t want to live. By the way, spell checker says ya’ll is fine, so calm down. Texas is growing on me, which I always knew, but now I’m not so sure I’m going to have to wash it off.

*sigh*, okay, labs.

No comments: