Aug 4, 2003

Well, it’s good to be free, if only partially. Tonight I can lay aside my little audio amplifier friend and not think about him for the rest of my life, if I so choose. I believe it went well, my project functioned about as well as anybody else’s. Nobody really knew what they were doing, and God blessed my efforts, so I guess I’ll be passing. This means I got home in time to sleep, and that is the greatest blessing of all, one I’m going to take full advantage of in a short while.

A lot of thoughts floating through your head have an interesting effect on your state of mind. At times it’s a very heady experience (bad pun, no way around it.). You feel rather intellectual having such a broad range of thoughts. For me however, the interesting thing is a lack of conclusions, no headway made. (okay, head is now the running joke of this post, so heads up. . . . .I hate myself.)

One of the predominant thoughts of this evening has been that I now have a completely new perspective on success and failure. The happiness I felt at a successfully completed task turned me into a small child, longing to show the woman he cares for how he did, hoping she’ll be happy too. It’s no longer my mother, it’s her, and it’s not quite the same, but the funny thing is, I wanted her there when I had that feeling of exultation. Life just seems more full when she’s with me.

Sleep, and far overdue. I can’t wait to get back to writing, it’s such a great release, and so is finishing up school. Goodnight.

No comments: