Aug 26, 2003

Life as an intern is some funny stuff. As it turns out, nobody intends to tell me what I’m supposed to do. This is good in that I get to do pretty much whatever I want. This is bad in that they still have a level of expectation, so I need to do things that they want done, without the luxury of being told anything about how to accomplish them, or even who to ask for help. I’m given access to the company phone directory, and let loose to do what damage I can. This should prove to be interesting

I have had the most dreadful time staying awake lately, and it seems the unconscious world is trying to take over my life. I find myself so drowsy that dreams start before I’m even asleep, and cause me to wildly misinterpret the reality around me. This adds excitement to boring data entry, but believe me, it sure doesn’t help my communication skills. It’s funny that I should be sleep deprived without a single class to go to, but I guess old habits die hard.

This post is brought to you by the below average performance of Mrs. Hoffpauir’s computer. Contributions to the Hoffpauir Computer Rehabilitation Fund may be directed to this fine young lady. Due to radio silence with my better half, I have the need to talk out loud, so I thought typing beats the strange looks my family gives me when I’m mumbling to myself.

I’m a little scared about a recent trend I’ve noticed: I don’t think very much anymore. I’m not sure how this happened, and I’m not entirely sure I ever did actually think, but I’ve got some leftover proof that I’ve written a good paper or two in my lifetime, and even completed a decent size project. Surely those required thought. And back in high school, the round table, we debated life every Sunday night. I seem to remember thinking then, but then again high school was a time for delusions. If I just one day up and stopped thinking, then that’s a good thing because the solution is to just start up again. If it was a thought process that led me to quit thinking, then I worry if I can reverse the process, since it would probably require thinking to go back, and that’s exactly what I don’t do anymore.

I hope that reading the blogs you all so faithfully keep may help, and who knows, I might even start back up with keeping track of current events. I’m starting to feel it again, I might just be capable of this whole thinking business! Then again a quick read of CNN shows that cricket spitting, watching mars, and people blowing things up in the middle east just about wraps up the news. Maybe I’ll just read blogs. You guys will let me know about the important stuff right?

No comments: