Jun 10, 2003

So, now that I’ve waited another year or so since writing last, I suppose it’d feel good to throw some more random thoughts out on the water and let them sail off on the online sea.

I’m tired of selling advertising over the phone, and it’s been less than a week. I’m trying to convince the companies I call to buy advertising in an African American newspaper. I explain to them the value of marketing to the black readership of North Dallas, because that’s who I am, and that’s who I care about.

I’m disappointed in Arlington for not paying their half cent sales tax so that I could ride public transportation from my job to my school. At first blush, this would appear to be a horrible whine on my part for not receiving a handout, but the fact is, over half of my school’s land is covered in asphalt, and I contribute daily to the onslaught of carbon monoxide assaulting this section of the Metroplex. I doubt anyone seriously minds chipping in a buck or two to let poor people ride the bus. I think a few more trees and a few less parking spaces would be appreciated by the masses too.

So I’ve got bamboo and a snake now, both looking to me to provide and care for them. The responsibility required is just about right for where I am, for now. I hope God works on me in the next few years. I’m really feeling young, wondering when I’ll feel the adult I’m supposed to be. In ways I’m ready to move on and take more responsibility, in ways I’d kinda like to buy a one way ticket to Australia and just hitch rides from one city to the next with a best friend. How do you reconcile such opposite desires?

I’m tired, and despite C4’s belief to the contrary, I don’t sleep enough. I’ll ramble more later.

No comments: