May 27, 2003

A lot of guys I know, I’d say most, and usually while they’re not with a girl, have taken the time to think about what they want in a girl. There are qualities of character that some girls have, and others do not. Some qualities are more important than others, but usually there are some that cannot be missing from someone that you intend to spend your life with. Sometimes, in coming up with these qualities, guys say, “It’s okay if she’s not this, so long as she’s this, after all, nobody’s perfect.” For those who believe God takes an active role in our finding romantic love, they pray asking Him to lead them to a girl with these qualities. I had thought this through before too. I didn’t have a clue.

When the guys I know have fallen in love, they say they’ve found the one, the one they were looking for, the one with the qualities they had prayed for. In the past, I could have listed qualities all day, I could have asked God for what I thought was the perfect woman, down to the last detail, allowing no room for shortcomings. The truth is, before I met her, I couldn’t have asked for all that she is. The one I was looking for, the one I thought was perfect, was less than her. She came into my life and turned it upside down, and I can barely recognize it at times.

I dream of her every night now, but before I met her, I couldn’t have ever dreamt of such a woman existing, let alone caring for me. All I can do is love her with all my heart, and it pales in comparison with her. I pray that God will make me more, that I might have more to give her.

No comments: