Jun 26, 2003

Balance is something hard to find in my life, when I so value extremes as to eclipse any sense of it. Longing and patience in the relationship with the woman I love. Financial planning and reliance upon God to meet my needs. Self expression and humility mixed with tact. These things are difficult to pursue because they’re all good, but each requires the check provided by its pair to be what it should. I’m anxious again, and in part due to lack of sleep. I plan on fixing that by partying this weekend with some of my best friends, go figure.

If you read this and don’t talk to me on a regular basis, let me inform you that I no longer work regularly for MON-The Gazette, the paper of choice for North Dallas African Americans, I now have an internship with SBC. I’m also taking Electronics II over again, trying with all my might to get a decent grade, but at the very least to pass this time. That’s about it for the day to day life.

Last night an interesting thing happened, I found out what the two actual causes for one of my greatest sources of fright are. I have for a long time heard the half dead residents of my family’s attic at night. The first night I slept in my room, I heard them moving in. They were sliding boxes around and I could also hear their limp, dead limbs dragging across my ceiling. At times I could hear them mumbling to each other using inarticulate grunts, and at times I could hear them trying to loosen the screws to the vent which supplies my room with air. I thought at first that it must be a tree limb or some such thing on the outside of the house. Imagine my fear increasing as I found there are no trees near this side of the house. This may sound crazy, but I’m actually disappointed to find the true source of the noises.

It turns out the deep sounds of them moving and speaking were supplied by my father’s unique sinus configuration. The sound of their fingers loosening my vent cover were contributed by my brilliant snake Buddy who is constantly trying to escape his aquarium on one of my bookshelves. So I sleep a little easier, saddened by the loss of some pretty good shivers.

I missed talking with her tonight by a few minutes, and though I’ll get to see her lovely face tomorrow, I miss her with every fiber of my being. Something inside me compels me to let others know just how much I love you sweetheart. My life has changed so much since meeting you, and I can’t thank you or God enough for all that has come to pass, and all I now hope and pray for in the future.

To all who read this despite my delinquency in updating, thank you for providing me with encouragement to write just by dropping by. I feel just a bit more alive when I’ve had the chance to write. Sleep comes easier knowing my thoughts are saved, and knowing that I have to make some sense of them before typing them helps sort them out in my mind. My mind is at ease, thanks again, goodnight.

No comments: