Oct 20, 2008

This weekend we had an amazing time, thanks largely to the efforts of Joy, Jackie, and Emily the party planners, as well as their co-operative husbands. Brooke's 30th, and last publicly acknowledged birthday until further notice, was a surprise vampire themed party, which she loved.



There were elaborate and tasty foods, dancing with reckless abandon, and at one point a pit bull roaming the neighborhood ran in the front door and attacked our hosts' Chihuahua. Luckily Rowdy suffered only a couple scrapes and emotional scarring. Without realizing all that had occurred inside, I bonded with the pit who ran around to the backyard, let it in through the gate and called the phone number on its tags to get the owner to come pick her up. She was quite friendly, and the owner was apologetic, though I felt bad when I realized I had let the perpetrator of terror on the premises.

There's a ton of photos on Flickr now, documenting the party, thanks to my obsession with my new toy (Nikon D40).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...perpetrator of terror! Thats funny. She is much better, I think she will be back to normal soon. I'm actually really glad you called those people so that now we know where they live.

jOY said...

Awesome blog. Great Job!
I'm glad your blog has been revived.