Oct 21, 2008

Lest there every be any confusion, I love dogs. I think I've always loved dogs, or at least always felt an affinity for them, and after bringing Dexter home, interacting with all the other dogs at the dog park, and seeing my wife become a dog lover, too, it's become part of who I am. We now watch every dog show that comes on TV, we recently made a trip to Tyler and stayed longer so we could go see an appearance by one of the dogs on Greatest American Dog, and both Brooke and I are excited about decorating our little boy's room with a puppy theme.

We've gone through some very frustrating times with our little boy, such as when he was really young and thought that playful meant biting. Currently he still has a tendency to get excited and jump up on people when he's not supposed to. He's coming along with training though, and seems to be paying heed a lot more when we ask him to do things. He's very nearly housebroken, except when he's been given unlimited access to water. He has no concept of limiting his intake, and I really think he'd explode if we gave him enough water.

He's also become a rather frequent part of my dreams. The first couple of times I dreamed I had to kill him, once because he was a demon's dog. It was rather disturbing, and more recently I just dream about losing him and trying to find him again. He's my precious boy, and I hope he loves our more precious boy once he gets here.

No comments: