Oct 19, 2009

Coders At Work by Peter Seibel

This is an absolutely amazing book. I'm only about 100 pages in, and I'm hooked. It's a collection of interviews with 15 high profile programmers in recent history, and it's motivation to become a better programmer, and inspiration on the things I want my son to see and experience growing up. It's a great history lesson to hear how some of the great contributors to our current state of software development came to be where they are, and it's thought provoking to hear where they see things going. Borrow it from me when I'm done, but seriously, think about buying a copy to keep on hand for yourself.

Also, my poor car is looking for attention, due in large part I think to jealousy over my current obsession with my infant boy and programming. It's been sputtering, died on the way home on Friday, and refused to start this morning, forcing me to bum a ride with Shannon, my next door neighbor, who now works with me.

No comments: